Cardio is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle. It helps you burn calories, keep vital organs in tip-top condition (i.e., the heart), and keeps your body in shape. After all, The American College of Sports Medicine states that there are substantial health benefits when adults achieve 150-300 minutes of moderate-intensity workouts per week.
So, whether you’re short on time or just don’t feel like going outside in the intense summer heat, there are plenty of ways to get your daily dose of cardio indoors — and the team at Carter’s Home Gym is ready to help!
3 CARDIO WORKOUTS AT HOME
Let’s face it: what would cardio be without giving your treadmill a little TLC? While everyone might not fancy running, a simple exercise you can complete is to alternate between walking and jogging. To achieve this, here’s what you need to do:
- Step 1: Warm up your muscles and get the blood flowing. Note: This doesn’t need to be extensive — just enough to help loosen up your body.
- Step 2: Set a time frame for yourself — whether that be 10 minutes or 30 minutes.
- Step 3: Once you have your timeframe in place, it’s time to start up your treadmill and begin the process. Walk for one minute, followed by jogging for one minute. Alternate this pattern at a comfortable pace for an excellent workout.
Looking to make the most of your rowing experience? Try a 30 minute rowing machine workout to help get your cardiovascular system going in the right direction. To make this happen, head on over to your rowing machine and complete the following:
- Step 1: Spend 1 minute at a 7 RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion)
- Step 2: Move to 1 minute at an 8 RPE
- Step 3: Migrate to 1 minute at a 9 RPE
- Step 4: Next, complete 30 seconds at a 10 RPE
- Step 5: Finally, complete 90 seconds at a 3 or 4 RPE
Have an elliptical machine on deck? If so, this machine provides a workout that will be “a step in the right direction” for cardio. To make the best of your cardio experience on the elliptical, here’s a great beginner workout to follow:
- Step 1: For 5 minutes, warm up at a 4 RPE
- Step 2: Next, for 3 minutes, increase to a 5 RPE
- Step 3: After that, for 2 minutes, work from a 5 RPE to a 6 RPE
- Step 4: Once completed, move back to a 5 RPE for 3 minutes
- Step 5: Following that, for 2 minutes, work from a 5 RPE to a 6 RPE
- Step 6: Finally, gradually work from a 6 RPE to a 4 RPE and cool down
AT-HOME CARDIO MACHINE RENTAL IN WESTBURY, NEW YORK
When it comes to professional at-home gym rental equipment services in Nassau County, and beyond, Carter’s Home Gym is the name to know and trust. As one of the only companies that offer this kind of service, we can guarantee that all of your needs will be met.
To learn more about our custom and pre-planned rental options, give us a call at (516) 404-0167!